San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country - Napa Valley Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Napa Valley Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips guidebook.
The birthplace of modern-day Wine Country is famous for regal cabernet sauvignons, château-like wineries and fabulous food. Expect to be wined, dined and tucked between crisp linens.
- explore dozens of wineries along a tranquil road
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- gather picnic ingredients at Napa’s tempting food market
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- soak in hot springs or try a mud bath in a spa town
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Napa, Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga, Petrified Forest, Safari West, Silverado Trail, Napa Valley Wineries, Sonoma Valley Wineries, Sonoma, Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Russian River Area Wineries, Sebastopol, Occidental, Guernville, Healdsburg, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast State Beach and Jenner.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation