San Antonio, Austin & Texas Road Trips - Hill Country Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hill Country Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips guidebook.
In March and early April when wildflowers are blooming, this is one of the prettiest drives in all of Texas – perfect for a day trip or a lazy, meandering vacation.
- shop for antiques
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find out why Luckenbach was immortalized in song
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see where Lyndon B Johnson, the 36th president of the United States, was born, lived and died
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: San Antonio, Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, Lyndon B Johnson Ranch, Johnson City, Wimberley, San Marcos, Gruene, New Braunfels, Hill Country, San Antonio Walking Tour, Austin and Austin Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.