*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
San Antonio, Austin & Texas Road Trips - Hill Country Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hill Country Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips guidebook.
In March and early April when wildflowers are blooming, this is one of the prettiest drives in all of Texas – perfect for a day trip or a lazy, meandering vacation.
- shop for antiques
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find out why Luckenbach was immortalized in song
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see where Lyndon B Johnson, the 36th president of the United States, was born, lived and died
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: San Antonio, Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, Lyndon B Johnson Ranch, Johnson City, Wimberley, San Marcos, Gruene, New Braunfels, Hill Country, San Antonio Walking Tour, Austin and Austin Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.