*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Russia - Volga Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Volga Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
The Volga, one of Europe’s great rivers, winds for some 3530km through Russia’s heartland and has been a part of the continent’s longest ‘highway’ since time immemorial. The stretch of the Volga between Nizhny Novgorod and the Caspian Sea forms a rich and fascinating cultural region.
- explore the marshy waterways of the Volga Delta as the river approaches the Caspian Sea
- climb the stairs and paths of Volgograd’s magnificent memorial to the Battle of Stalingrad, Mamaev Kurgan
- sail the Volga on a short excursion or cruise, from any major city on the river such as Sara-tov
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Ulyanovsk, Samara, Sa-mara Bend, Tolyatti, Saratov, Volgograd, Astrakhan, Elista.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.