Russia - Understand Russia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Russia Today, History, Russian People, Religion, Performing Arts & Music, Literature & Cinema, Architecture & Visual Art, Food & Drink, Landscape & Wildlife, Di-rectory A–Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history of the formation of the country and Russia’s world-famous arts and culture, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travel-lers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on how Russia evolved from a collection of small European trading towns to the biggest country on earth
- info on performing arts & music, from ballets and symphonies to folk tunes and pop leg-ends
- full coverage of Russia’s diverse food & drink
- details on the creative works of the country’s legendary writers and award-winning mov-ie-makers
Coverage includes: Russia Today, History, Russian People, Religion, Performing Arts & Music, Literature & Cinema, Architecture & Visual Art, Food & Drink, Land-scape & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation