*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Russia - The Urals (PDF Chapter)
This is the Urals chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
Marking the border between Europe and Asia, the Ural Mountains stretch from the Kara Sea in the north to Kazakhstan in the south. When Russia stumbled onto this Aladdin’s cave full of lustrous treasures many centuries ago, its mineral riches allowed her to expand into Siberia be-yond.
- experience ice and a moment of pitch darkness in Kungur’s ice cave
- hike into the Zyuratkul mountain range or stroll the shoreline of Lake Zyuratkul
- visit Perm-36, the former labour camp and today a haunting Gulag memorial
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Perm, Kungur, Yekaterinburg & Around, Ufa & Around, Chelyabinsk & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.