Russia - Moscow (PDF Chapter)
This is the Moscow chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
Moscow keeps getting cooler, more cosmopolitan and more creative. The capital is bursting with energy, as warehouses are converted into art galleries and post-industrial nightclubs; parks are overrun with healthy, sporty types; and chefs experiment with their own interpretations of in-ternational cooking.
- be awestruck by the Kremlin’s tall towers and St Basil’s domes on Red Square, the city’s central square
- hang out with Moscow’s hipsters in Gorky Park – riding bikes, admiring art, playing ping-pong or dancing under the stars
- splurge on a Russian feast amid faux 18th-century opulence at Cafe Pushkin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Moscow.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.