Russia - Kaliningrad Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kaliningrad Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guide-book.
For all of its chaotic history and cultural foibles – or perhaps because of them – ‘Little Russia’ is a fascinating place to visit. The city of Kaliningrad teems with interesting sights and surprising-ly sophisticated accommodation and dining options; seaside towns, pine forests and tranquil vil-lages make for a serene sojourn.
- pay your respects at philosopher Immanuel Kant’s grave, then attend an organ concert in Kaliningrad Cathedral
- explore Russia’s maritime history on former expedition vessels and a submarine at Kali-ningrad’s Museum of the World Ocean
- soak up the beauty of the Curonian Spit in Kurshskaya Kosa National Park, where the for-est dances and the dunes roll on as far as the eye can see
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kaliningrad, Yantarny, Svetlogorsk, Zelenogradsk, Kurshskaya Kosa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation