Russia - Golden Ring (PDF Chapter)
This is the Golden Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
Touring the Golden Ring, a string of medieval towns northeast of Moscow, is like settling into the comforting arms of Mother Russia: it’s a bucolic realm of whitewashed churches with golden onion domes, flower-covered meadows, and samovars bubbling away in colourful gingerbread cottages.
- ramble through bucolic beauty while church bells sigh in the distance in Suzdal
- stroll alongside the Volga River in an artist’s serene dream in Plyos
- feed carrots to elk and tasting their milk at Sumarokovskaya Elk Farm
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vladimir, Suzdal, Plyos, Kostroma, Yaroslavl, Ros-tov-Veliky, Pereslavl-Zalessky, Sergiev Posad.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation