*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Russia - Eastern Siberia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Siberia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
Endless ice-bound winters, kiln-hot summers, a history of imperial exile and Stalinist savagery – Eastern Siberia may not sound like everyone’s first choice of holiday destination, but there’s much more to this vast region than blood-craving mosquitoes and blizzard-lost Gulag camps.
- wonder at the ancient Scythian gold displayed at Kyzyl’s National Museum
- trek, cycle or hitch a lift across frozen Lake Baikal
- wander boulevards of haughty 19th-century architecture in Irkutsk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Khakassia Republic & Southern Krasnoyarsk Territory, Abakan & Around, Usinsky Trakt, Tuva, Kyzyl & Around, Erzin, Western Tuva, Krasnoyarsk Region, Krasnoyarsk, Divnogorsk, Western Bam, Tayshet, Bratsk, Severobaikalsk & Around, Lake Baikal, Irkutsk, Listvyanka, Port Baikal, Bolshie Koty, Olkhon Island, South Baikal & the Tunka Valley, Eastern Baikal, Southern Buryatiya & Zabaikalsky Territory, Ulan-Ude & Around, Kyakhta, Chita & Around, When to Go, History, Sights & Activities, Sleeping, Eating & Drinking, Festivals & Events, Tours, Shopping, Drinking & Nightlife and Entertainment.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.