Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Russia - Eastern Siberia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Eastern Siberia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Russia guidebook.
Endless ice-bound winters, kiln-hot summers, a history of imperial exile and Stalinist savage-ry – Eastern Siberia may not sound like everyone’s first choice of holiday destination, but there’s much more to this vast region than blood-craving mosquitoes and blizzard-lost Gulag camps.
- marvel at ancient Scythian gold at the National Museum in Kyzyl, and the uncanny sounds a human voice can make during Tuvan throat singing
- trek, cycle or hitch a lift across frozen Lake Baikal
- wander boulevards of haughty 19th-century architecture in Irkutsk, the city once known as the ‘Paris of Siberia’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Krasnoyarsk Territory & Khakassia, Krasnoyarsk, Divnogorsk & Ovsyanka, Abakan & Around, Tuva, Kyzyl & Around, Western Tuva, Kyzyl to Mon-golian Border, Western Bam, Tayshet, Bratsk, Severobaikalsk & Around, Lake Baikal, Irkutsk, Listvyanka, Port Baikal, Olkhon Island, Slyudyanka, Arshan & Tunka Valley, Eastern Baikal, Southern Buryatiya & Zabaikalsky Territory, Ulan-Ude & Around, Chita.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.