Route 66 Road Trips - Eastern Route 66 Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Route 66 Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Route 66 Road Trips guidebook.
Argue if you want, but we all know that 66’s goofiest roadside attractions, friendliest small towns and best pie-filled diners pop up on the eastern swath, from Chicago to western Oklahoma.
- try pie and spot a hot-dog-loving lumberjack in Atlanta
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stop for Ozark neon, root beer and bowling in Lebanon
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- learn the story of the road at the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum in Clinton
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Chicago, Gemini Giant, Atlanta, Springfield, St Louis, Old Chain of Rocks Bridge, Meramec Caverns, Lebanon, Kansas, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, El Reno, Oklahoma Route 66 Museum, Illinois travel guide, Chicago city guide, Missouri travel guide, St Louis city guide, Oklahoma travel guide, Tulsa city guide.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map