Route 66 Road Trips - Central Route 66 Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Route 66 Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Route 66 Road Trips guidebook.
The Snow Cap Drive-In encapsulates everything that’s cool about Route 66. It draws a diverse sampling of humanity – from a busload of bleary-eyed tourists to a horde of tough-looking biker dudes, all linked by the simple joy of an icecream cone...
- ten colourful Cadillacs take a nosedive into the dirt at Cadillac Ranch
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- peer over the edge of a mile-wide meteor crash site
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy a sweeping park view at the Route 66 memorial in Petrified Forest National Park
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: McLean, Amarillo, Cadillac Ranch, Tucumcari, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow, Meteor Crater, Flagstaff, Seligman, Grand Canyon Caverns & Inn, Hackberry, Kingman, Oatman, Texas travel guide, New Mexico travel guide, Albuquerque city guide, Santa Fe city guide, Arizona travel guide
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map