Rome - Villa Borghese & Northern Rome (PDF Chapter)
This is the Villa Borghese & Northern Rome chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
This area encompasses Rome’s most famous park, Villa Borghese. Concert-goers head to the Auditorium Parco della Musica, while art lovers can choose between contemporary installations (MAXXI), Etruscan artefacts (Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia) or baroque treasures (Museo e Galleria Borghese).
- get to grips with artistic genius at lavish Museo e Galleria Borghese
- escape the crowds as you explore the leafy lanes and bosky glades of Villa Borghese, Rome’s most famous park
- applaud Italy’s most comprehensive collection of Etruscan treasures at splendid Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout