*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Rome - Vatican City, Borgo & Prati (PDF Chapter)
The Vatican stands atop the low-lying Vatican hill west of the Tiber. You’ll need at least a morning to do justice to its museums. The highlight is the Michelangelo-frescoed Sistine Chapel, but there’s enough art to keep you busy for years.
- gaze heavenwards at Michelangelo’s most celebrated masterpieces in the Sistine Chap-el
- be blown away by the super-sized opulence of St Peter’s Basilica, the most important church in the Catholic world
- try to line up the columns on St Peter’s Square – it is possible
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.