Rome - Understand Rome and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Rome Today, History, The Arts, Architecture, The Roman Way of Life, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the issues facing Rome today
- info on the rich arts and magnificent architecture of the city
- full coverage of Rome’s thrilling 3000-year history
- details on the Roman way of life, and what it’s like to live in the Eternal City
Coverage includes: Rome Today, History, The Arts, Architecture, The Roman Way of Life, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.