Rome - Trastevere & Gianicolo (PDF Chapter)
Cradled in a curve of the River Tiber, medieval Trastevere is made for walking – or rather aimless, contented wandering punctuated by endless photo stops, lazy coffee breaks in local cafes, and some of Rome’s finest home cooking in vintage trattorias.
- admire the exquisite interior and exterior mosaics of the beautiful Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere
- feast on the perfect Roman carbonara or pasta cacio e pepe at traditional trattorias hidden away on tiny cobbled piazzas – try Da Enzo
- savour the breathtaking interior decor by Raphael inside Trastevere’s elegant Villa Farnesi-na
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.