Rome - Trastevere & Gianicolo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trastevere & Gianicolo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rome guide-book.
With its old-world cobbled lanes and boho vibe, ever-trendy Trastevere is one of Rome’s most vivacious and Roman neighbourhoods. Endlessly photogenic and largely car-free, its labyrinth of backstreet lanes heaves after dark as crowds swarm to its fashionable restaurants, cafes and bars..
- admire the exquisite interior and exterior mosaics in beautiful Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere, followed by people-watching on the square out the front
- feast on the perfect Roman carbonara, pasta cacio e pepe or seasonal artichoke at tradi-tional trattorias hidden away on tiny cobbled piazzas
- savour the breathtaking interior decor by Raphael inside Trastevere’s elegant Renaissance villa, Villa Farnesina.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.