Rome - Southern Rome (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Rome chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
Ancient ruins and subterranean catacombs await on Via Appia Antica, while postindustrial Ostiense offers edgy street art, superb dining and heaving nightlife. Then there’s EUR, an Orwel-lian quarter of wide boulevards and linear buildings.
- trace the route of a thousand ancient Roman footsteps by bike, on foot or both along Via Appia Antica, an urban ‘countryside’ trail, sprinkled with ancient Roman ruins
- explore the ancient Christian burial catacombs in the depths of subterranean Rome at Catacombe di San Sebastiano
- check out the vibrant, edgy gallery of open-air art in ex-industrial and alternative Ostiense
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertain-ment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout