Rome - San Giovanni & Testaccio (PDF Chapter)
Residential San Giovanni is easily accessible by metro and quite magnificent, both inside and out. On the banks of the Tiber, the once working-class area of Testaccio is a foodie hotspot with a number of excellent trattorias and a popular nightlife strip.
- face up to the monumental splendour of Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano
- be over-awed by the colossal remnants of the vast baths complex of Terme di Caracalla
- look through Villa del Priorato di Malta’s unmarked keyhole to enjoy a magical view of St Peter’s dome.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.