Rome - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Rome, Rome’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time Rome, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month By Month, With Kids, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Museums, Galleries & Historic Sites chapters from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
Your journey to Rome starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on museums and historic sites.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about travelling with kids
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Rome, Rome’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time Rome, Top Itineraries, If You Like: Museums & Galleries, Roman Relics, Church Art, Going Underground, Sweeping Views, Street Life, Heading Off the Beaten Track, Free Stuff, Literary History, Parks & Gardens, Street Art, Walking, Month By Month, With Kids, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Museums, Galleries & Historic Sites.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout