*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Rome - Monti, Esquilino & San Lorenzo (PDF Chapter)
A welcome overdose of tasty eateries, shops and wine bars lend gentrified Monti bags of charm, a fact that is never more apparent than on weekends when seemingly half of Rome flocks here to shop, drink and eat.
- time-travel back to the magnificent frescoed, mosaic-carpeted villas of imperial Rome at Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
- potter around the romantic, bohemian-chic neighbourhood of Monti, lingering at old-world wine bars, sipping coffee on quaint pavement terraces and browsing independent special-ist boutiques
- hobnob with bohos in Pigneto, the iconic working-class district immortalised by film director Pasolini
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.