Rome - Monti, Esquilino & San Lorenzo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Monti, Esquilino & San Lorenzo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
Hidden among this area’s traffic-noisy streets are some beautiful churches, Rome’s best un-sung art museum at Palazzo Massimo alle Terme, and any number of trendy bars and restaurants in the fashionable Monti, student-loved San Lorenzo and bohemian Pigneto districts.
- evoke the ancient past when viewing exquisite jewel-coloured frescoes from the villas of imperial Rome at one of the city’s finest museums, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
- potter around Monti, Rome’s romantic, bohemian-chic neighbourhood, lingering at wine bars, sipping coffee on pavement terraces and browsing artisan boutiques en route
- join young locals partying in the many bars scattered across the iconic working-class district of Pigneto, which was immortalised by film director Pier Paolo Pasolini
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.