Rome - Day Trips from Rome (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Rome and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Ostia Antica and Tivoli.
- wander through complete streets, gape at ancient toilets and clamber over an amphitheatre at the ancient port of Ostia Antica, Rome’s very own Pompeii
- the hilltop town of Tivoli is home to two Unesco World Heritage sites: Villa Adriana, the em-peror Hadrian’s colossal country estate, and Villa d’Este, famous for its landscaped gar-dens and lavish fountains
- located south of Rome, the pretty Coli Albani (Alban Hills) and their 13 towns, collectively known as Castelli Romani, have long provided a green escape for overheated Ro-mans
- the evocative tombs and archaeological treasures of Cerveteri, a once important Etruscan city, provide a window into a mysterious ancient world
- home to one of Italy’s most awe-inspiring Gothic cathedrals, the hilltop Umbrian town of Or-vieto makes for a rewarding day trip
Coverage includes: Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Castelli Romani, Cerveteri, Orvie-to.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.