Rome - Centro Storico (PDF Chapter)
This is the Centro Storico chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rome guidebook.
A tightly packed tangle of cobbled alleyways and baroque piazzas, the historic centre is the Rome many come to see. The Pantheon and Piazza Navona are the star turns, but its streets teem with monuments, museums, boutiques, bars, trattorias and art-laden churches.
- step into the Pantheon and feel the same sense of awe that the ancients must have felt 2000 years ago
- marvel at the beauty of Piazza Navona with its flamboyant fountains and elegant domed chiesa
- have the scion of the aristocratic Doria Pamphilj dynasty talk you through his family art col-lection at fabulous Galleria Doria Pamphilj
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.