Romania & Bulgaria - Wallachia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wallachia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guide-book.
Wallachia is rich in early Romanian history. This was Wallachian prince Vlad Tepes’ old stomping ground, and north of Curtea de Arges stands the ruins of what many consider to be the real ‘Dracula’s castle’.
- gasp up the 1480 steps to Poienari Citadel, Vlad Tepes’ ‘Dracula’s Castle’
- gape at 14th-century frescoes at the Princely Court’s St Nicholas Church in Curtea de Arges
- enjoy the simple perfection of Constantin Brancusi’s sculptures, including the Endless Column in Targu Jiu, near the place of his birth
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ploiesti, Targoviste, Pitesti, Curtea de Arges, Craiova, Drobeta-Turnu Severin.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.