*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Romania & Bulgaria - The Danube & Northern Plains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Danube & Northern Plains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guidebook.
Unspoilt mountain landscapes, wild nature reserves and peaceful monasteries await discovery. The mighty Danube River shimmers along most of the country’s border with Romania, and the riverside city of Ruse, famed for its Viennese-style architecture, is the gateway to Bucha-rest.
- clamber over massive sandstone and limestone formations at Belogradchik Rocks
- peer into the perfectly preserved Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari
- stroll through the parks and gardens of Ruse, the most elegant Bulgarian city on the Danube
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vratsa & around, Chiprovtsi, Belogradchik, Ruse, Rusenski Lom Nature Park, Lake Srebarna & around, Silistra.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.