Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Romania & Bulgaria - Sofia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Sofia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guide-book.
Sofia is no grand metropolis, but overlook it and miss something special – it’s a largely mod-ern, youthful city, with a scattering of onion-domed churches, Ottoman mosques and stubborn Red Army monuments that lend an eclectic, exotic feel.
- take in the scope of Aleksander Nevski Cathedral, with its gleaming gold domes
- bear witness to the Ancient Serdica Complex, a once-great Roman city
- admire Thracian craftsmanship going back 6000 years at the Archaeological Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, around Sofia.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.