Romania & Bulgaria - Moldavia & the Bucovina Monasteries (PDF Chapter)
This is the Moldavia & the Bucovina Monasteries chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guidebook.
Moldavia rewards those intrepid enough to seek it out: from glorious medieval monasteries to rugged mountains ideal for hiking, this region combines natural beauty with plenty of action. Moldavia’s bucolic villages and endearing towns feature some of Romania’s friendliest lo-cals.
- admire the artistry of Arbore Monastery and the surrounding painted monasteries
- gawk at the size and gleam of the Palace of Culture, Iasi’s now fully renovated grand royal palace
- gaze at the soaring limestone rock formation of the Lady’s Stones, part of the Rarau Mas-sif
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Moldavia, Iasi, Targu Neamt & Around, Piatra Neamt, Ceahlau National Park, Bucovina, Suceava, Bucovina Monasteries, Rarau Massif.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience