Romania & Bulgaria - Crisana & Banat (PDF Chapter)
This is the Crisana & Banat chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guidebook.
Timisoara, Oradea and Arad boast wonderful examples of art nouveau architecture, and many buildings are getting a long-awaited facelift. There are spas at Baile Felix, while the pristine Apuseni Mountains are criss-crossed with hiking trails and amazing caves.
- get a riveting lesson in Romanian history at the Museum of the 1989 Revolution in Timisoara
- explore the city’s stunning and increasingly renovated art nouveau monuments of Oradea
- enjoy a night of opera, dinner at a fine restaurant and a nightcap on Piata Victoriei or Piata Unirii in Timișoara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Banat, Timisoara, Crisana, Oradea, Baile Felix, Ar-ad.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience