Romania & Bulgaria - Bucharest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bucharest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guide-book.
Romania’s capital gets a bad rap, but in fact it’s dynamic, energetic and fun. It’s where still-unreconstructed communism meets unbridled capitalism; where the soporific forces of the EU meet the passions of the Balkans.
- take in the sheer enormity of former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu’s madhouse, the Palace of Parliament
- get that coveted Instagram snap of the city’s kookiest statue, the Statue of Emperor Trajan – a naked Roman Emperor Trajan holding a Dacian wolf
- kick back in Cismigiu Garden, Bucharest’s surprisingly peaceful central park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Bucharest.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience