*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Romania & Bulgaria - Bucharest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bucharest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guide-book.
Romania’s capital gets a bad rap, but in fact it’s dynamic, energetic and fun. It’s where still-unreconstructed communism meets unbridled capitalism; where the soporific forces of the EU meet the passions of the Balkans.
- take in the sheer enormity of former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu’s madhouse, the Palace of Parliament
- get that coveted Instagram snap of the city’s kookiest statue, the Statue of Emperor Trajan – a naked Roman Emperor Trajan holding a Dacian wolf
- kick back in Cismigiu Garden, Bucharest’s surprisingly peaceful central park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Bucharest.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.