Romania & Bulgaria - Black Sea Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Black Sea Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Romania & Bulgaria guidebook.
Bulgaria’s long Black Sea coastline is the country’s summertime playground. The big, pur-pose-built resorts here have become serious rivals to those of Spain and Greece, while inde-pendent travellers will find plenty to explore away from the parasols and jet skis.
- explore the cobblestoned lanes of the lovely old former Greek harbour of Sozopol
- learn of the Black Sea coast’s rich Thracian, Greek and Roman origins in Varna's Archaeo-logical Museum
- stroll through the Summer Palace of Queen Marie, the Romanian queen's picturesque seaside cottage summer in Balchik
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Coast, Burgas, Sozopol, Primorsko, Tsarevo, Sinemorets, Central Coast, Pomorie, Nesebar, Northern Coast, Varna, Sveti Konstantin, Bal-chik.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.