Rio de Janeiro - Zona Norte (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zona Norte chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Vast Zona Norte sprawls many kilometers toward the Baixada Fluminense. It boasts fewer attractions than the Zona Sul and Centro, but there are still excellent reasons to visit, including soccer rowdiness at Maracanã, great views from little-visited landmarks and historical intrigue at former palaces.
- hear the roar of the crowd as some of the world’s best players take to the field inside the hallowed Maracanã Football Stadium.
- take a stroll amid the greenery of the once imperial Quinta da Boa Vista.
- explore relics from Brazil’s early 19th-century past at the neoclassical Museu do Primeiro Reinado.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Zona Norte, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating and Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.