Rio de Janeiro - Zona Norte (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zona Norte chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guide-book.
Vast Zona Norte sprawls many kilometers toward the Baixada Fluminense. It boasts fewer at-tractions than the Zona Sul and Centro, but there are still excellent reasons to visit, including soccer rowdiness at Maracanã, great views from little-visited landmarks and historical intrigue at former palaces.
- hear the roar of the crowds as some of the world’s best players take to the field inside the hallowed Maracanã Football Stadium
- browse handicrafts, snack on Northeastern dishes and partner-dance to live forró inside the enormous, sprawling Feira Nordestina
- enjoy a tasty lunch at one of the restaurants at CADEG
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.