Rio de Janeiro - Understand Rio de Jeneiro and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, music and architecture to flights, public transportation, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the city’s colorful history
- info on Rio’s architecture, from colonial roots to recent renovations
- full coverage of Rio’s football fever
- details on the musical landscape – samba, bossa nova, tropicália and more
Coverage includes: Rio de Janeiro Today, History - from the Portuguese Arrival to a New Dawn, The Sounds of Rio, Football, Architecture: Colonial & Imperial Rio, The 20th Century, Oscar Niemeyer and Recent Projects, Transportation, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.