Rio de Janeiro - Understand Rio de Janeiro and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Rio de Janeiro Today, History, The Sounds of Rio, The Beautiful Game, Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music and football to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the beautiful game: everything you need to know about football
- info on bossa nova, samba and all the sounds of Rio
- full coverage of the city’s complicated history and its post-Olympic present
- details on Rio’s architecture, from baroque churches to postmodern concert halls
Coverage includes: Rio de Janeiro Today, History, The Sounds of Rio, The Beautiful Game, Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.