*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Santa Teresa & Lapa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santa Teresa & Lapa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Bohemian Santa Teresa and Lapa are two rough-and-tumble neighborhoods that have contributed considerably to the city’s artistic and musical heritage. The sounds of impromptu street parties often fill the air, and the annual Portas Abertas event sees dozens of artists open their studios.
- witness the Escadaria Selarón, a moving work of art created by an artist who made the mosaic-covered staircase his life’s work.
- ride the bonde over the Arcos da Lapa and up to village-like Santa Teresa.
- watch sunlight play through the dazzling stained-glass windows at the Catedral Metropolitana.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Santa Teresa & Lapa, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.