*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Ipanema & Leblon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ipanema & Leblon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
The favored address for young, beautiful and wealthy cariocas (residents of Rio), these twin neighborhoods boast magnificent beaches and tree-lined streets full of enticing open-air cafes, restaurants and bars. Ipanema is also Rio’s gay district, centred on and near Rua Farme de Amoedo.
- frolic in the waves, sip refreshing maté and watch people parade on lovely Ipanema Beach.
- join fishers and couples on rocky Ponta do Arpoador for the nightly spectacle of sunset.
- feast on Bahian snacks and browse artwork and handicrafts at the weekly Hippie Fair.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Ipanema & Leblon, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.