Rio de Janeiro - Ipanema & Leblon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ipanema & Leblon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guide-book.
The favored address for young, beautiful and wealthy cariocas (residents of Rio), these twin neighborhoods boast magnificent beaches, high-end shopping, and tree-lined streets full of en-ticing open-air cafes, restaurants and bars.
- frolic in the waves, sip refreshing maté and watch people parade along iconic Ipanema Beach.
- join fishers and couples on rocky Ponta do Arpoador for the nightly spectacle of sunset
- feast on Bahian snacks and browse artwork and handicrafts at the Zona Sul’s most famous market, Hippie Fair
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.