*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Gavea, Jardim Botanico & Lagoa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gávea, Jardim Botânico & Lagoa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Rio’s picturesque lake, actually a saltwater lagoon, is the focal point of these well-heeled neighborhoods. West of the lake lie the stately botanical gardens, while to south of the gardens is Gávea, home to a planetarium and Rio’s premier horse-racing track.
- hire a bike and go for a spin around the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas.
- take a stroll through the lush and flower-filled Jardim Botânico.
- look for monkeys on the forested paths of Parque Lage.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Gávea, Jardim Botânico & Lagoa, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.