Rio de Janeiro - Gavea, Jardim Botanico & Lagoa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gávea, Jardim Botânico & Lagoa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janei-ro guidebook.
Rio’s picturesque lake is the focal point of these well-heeled neighborhoods. Joggers and cy-clists zip along the shoreline trail by day, while the lakeside restaurants fill with people enjoying a meal and live music in the open air by night.
- hire a bike and go for a spin around Rio’s most picturesque lake, Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas
- take a stroll through the lush and flower-filled Jardim Botânico, complete with towering palms, massive water lilies and an orchid house
- look for monkeys on the forested paths of Parque Lage
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout