*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Flamengo & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Flamengo & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Running east from the bay out to Corcovado, the residential neighborhoods of Flamengo, Laranjeiras, Catete, Glória and Cosme Velho have much history hidden in their old streets. The beach-fronting Parque do Flamengo – one of the world’s largest urban parks – dominates the region.
- take the steep cog train up Corcovado for a panoramic view beneath Rio’s open-armed Cristo Redentor.
- explore Rio’s past days of demagogues and political intrigue in the Museu da República.
- admire the colorful works of talented but little-known artists at the Museu Internacional de Arte Naïf do Brasil.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Flamengo & around, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.