Rio de Janeiro - Flamengo & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Flamengo & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guidebook.
The Parque do Flamengo dominates the region. This beach-fronting green space is one of the world’s largest urban parks, and includes a nationally recognized art museum, biking and running trails, sports fields, and thousands of trees and flowering plants.
- take the steep cog train up Corcovado for a panoramic view beneath Rio’s open-armed Christ the Redeemer.
- explore Rio’s past days of demagogues and political intrigue in the Museu da Repúbli-ca
- enjoy fine views of the bay over dinner from the Marina da Glória
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout