Rio de Janeiro - Copacabana & Leme (PDF Chapter)
This is the Copacabana & Leme chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Humming Copacabana, once seedy and in decline, today seems poised on the edge of a renaissance. Its glassy kiosks have brought class to the neighborhood, while Baixo Copa has become a nightlife destination. The small neighborhood of Leme, just northeast, has a more peaceful vibe.
- soak up the sunshine on Copacabana Beach, then dine at an oceanfront eatery.
- explore the Forte de Copacabana and taking in the view across the beach.
- walk to mountaintop heights along a forested trail inside the Forte Duque de Caxias.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Copacabana & Leme, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.