*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Copacabana & Leme (PDF Chapter)
This is the Copacabana & Leme chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Humming Copacabana, once seedy and in decline, today seems poised on the edge of a renaissance. Its glassy kiosks have brought class to the neighborhood, while Baixo Copa has become a nightlife destination. The small neighborhood of Leme, just northeast, has a more peaceful vibe.
- soak up the sunshine on Copacabana Beach, then dine at an oceanfront eatery.
- explore the Forte de Copacabana and taking in the view across the beach.
- walk to mountaintop heights along a forested trail inside the Forte Duque de Caxias.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Copacabana & Leme, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.