Rio de Janeiro - Copacabana & Leme (PDF Chapter)
This is the Copacabana & Leme chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guidebook.
Today’s Copa is a chaotic mix of discount stores and noisy traffic-filled avenues, with a hum-ming red-light district and slightly edgy streets. While paradise it clearly is not, the beach – framed by mountains and deep blue sea – remains beautiful.
- soak up the sunshine on Copacabana Beach, followed by some snacks and drinks at an oceanfront kiosk.
- learn about Brazil’s colonial history at the Forte de Copacabana and take in the view across the beach.
- walk to mountaintop heights along a forested trail in Forte Duque de Caxias
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout