Rio de Janeiro - Centro & Praca Maua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Centro & Praça Mauá chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janeiro guidebook.
Rio’s downtown is a wild architectural medley of old and new, with striking baroque churches and narrow colonial streets juxtaposed against looming office towers and wide, traffic-filled boulevards. Centro has some of the city’s best museums and its most intriguing historical sights.
- make your way along the tranquil Boulevard Olímpico and check out the city’s best street art en route
- take in first-rate installations and rooftop views at the Museu de Arte do Rio, one of Rio’s finest art museums
- ponder life and the future while browsing interactive exhibits in the architecturally stunning Museu do Amanhã, strategically perched overlooking the bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout