Rio de Janeiro - Botafogo, Humaita & Urca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Botafogo, Humaitá & Urca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
Botafogo and Humaitá may not have the beaches of their neighbors to the south, but they don’t lack for much else, with intriguing museums, quaint bookshops and festive, open-air bars. To the east, Urca is even more idyllic, with quiet streets and eclectic architecture.
- glide up to the top of Pão de Açúcar by cable car for an awe-inspiring view of Rio.
- learn about Brazil’s many indigenous cultures at the interactive Museu do Índio.
- walk between forest and sea on the peaceful Pista Cláudio Coutinho.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Botafogo, Humaitá & Urca, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.