*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Rio de Janeiro - Barra da Tijuca & Western Rio (PDF Chapter)
This is the Barra da Tijuca & Western Rio chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rio de Janiero guidebook.
The Miami of Rio, Barra da Tijuca is a sprawling suburb with huge malls and entertainment complexes, long traffic corridors and very little pedestrian movement. The beach here is the real attraction, a wide and lovely 12km-long stretch of shoreline.
- hike through tropical rainforest, enjoy memorable views from rocky lookouts and recover beneath cool waterfalls in the Floresta da Tijuca.
- bask on the wide golden sands of Praia da Barra da Tijuca.
- explore the lushly decadent gardens of Sítio Burle Marx.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Explore Barra da Tijuca & Western Rio, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.