Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga - Understand Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history – from Polynesian settlement and colonial expansion to the trials of Independence to flights, public transport, vaccinations and insurance... you name it. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the big issues facing the Cook Islands, the Samoas and Tonga
- info on colonial influence on the islands
- full coverage of the potent combo of centuries-old customs, strong family values and Christianity that underpins local society
- details on unravelling Polynesian mythology
Coverage includes: Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga Today, History, Culture, Religion & Tradition: the Local Psyche,the Importance of Religion and Family First, Myths & Legends: Tangaroa the Creator and Maul the Trickster, the Arts: Traditional Dance, Music, Arts and Crafts, Food & Drink: What to Eat & Drink and Where to Eat & Drink, Transport, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.