Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga - Tonga (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tonga chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga guidebook.
Kiss the tourist hype goodbye – and say a warm malo e lelei (hello!) to the Kingdom of Tonga. Resolutely sidestepping flashy resorts and packaged cruise-ship schtick, Tonga is unpolished, gritty and unfailingly authentic.
- kayak between the reefs and islands offshore from Nuku’alofa, Neiafu and Pangai
- hike tropical rainforests and along sheer ocean clifftops on ’Eua
- ponder Tongatapu’s curious Ha’amonga ‘a Maui Trilithon, the ‘Stonehenge of the South Pacific’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tongatapu, Nuku’alofa, Talamahu Market, ’Anahulu Cave, ’Eua, Mapu’a’a Vaca Blowholes, Ha’apai Group, Lifuka Group, Fonuafo’ou, Vava’u Group, Neiafu, Around Vava’u, Southern and Eastern Vava’u Islands, Niua Group, Niuatoputapu, Tafahi and Niuafo’ou, Tonga Today, History, Culture, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga - Understand Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)