Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga - Samoa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Samoa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga guidebook.
Serene but spirited, wild yet well-manicured, hushed but birthed by volcanic explosions; stunning Samoa is a paradisaical paradox. This is a humble place, devoid of mega-resorts and flashy attractions, but with welcomes as warm as the island sun.
- sleep in a traditional Samoan fale such as those on Namu’a island
- soak up the village vibe while strolling around the white-sand-encircled island of Manono
- step off the perfect flax-coloured sands into the turquoise waters of Aleipata’s beaches
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Upolu, Namu’s Island, Cape Mulinu’u, Dwarf’s Cave, Apia & around, Lake Lanoto’o, Sopo’aga Falls, Le Pup-Pu’e National Park, Manono, Fafa O Sauai’i, Apolima, Savai’I, Faleaulupo Ruins, Pulemelei Mound, Afu-A-Au Falls and Salelologa, Samoa Today, History, Culture, Sports, Arts, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.